As with most agencies, we’re pushing a strategy hard with all of our clients, but we’re lagging behind on our own… and right now that’s video! This infographic from WeAreTop10.com walks individuals and companies through branding, developing a YouTube channel, optimizing your profile, purchasing the appropriate equipment, developing content, and ultimately providing steps for success. Why? The consumption statistics on YouTube are incredible:
How YouTube Compares to Traditional Video
- YouTube reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network – on mobile alone Tweet This!
- Growth in watch time on YouTube has accelerated and is up at least 50% year on year for three years straight Tweet This!
- The number of people watching YouTube each day has increased by 40% y/y since March 2014 Tweet This!
- The number of users coming to the YouTube homepage has increased by more than 3x y/y Tweet This!
YouTube Mobile Growth is skyrocketing
- The number of hours people spent watching videos on mobile has increased by 100% y/y Tweet This!
- On mobile, the average viewing session is now more than 40 minutes, an increase of more than 50% y/y Tweet This!
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices Tweet This!
YouTube Success Tips
We all want to succeed, but some succeed more than others because they adhere to a few simple guidelines. The infographic doesn’t have a ton of rules… just four:
- Name Your Audience – Swifties, Little Monsters, The Bro Army… the biggest celebs give their community a name so that they feel like they belong. For our clients at Stylie, a tool for independent hair stylists, the community is known as the Beauty Knockouts.
- Plan Your Content – Lead your community and tease upcoming segments so that viewers are more likely to subscribe to your channel. Set expectations for them and style your videos similarly so viewers get to see what they’ve come to expect.
- Post Regularly – Adding subscribers is all about momentum, so build loyalty by dedicating a regular cycle of videos. We even built a studio for our clients on-site to make it easier for them!
- Attend Conferences – Just as naming your audience is important, spending time with your audience is critical as well. YouTube has its community, awards, and more. Try to get to as many as you can to get your Channel popular!
© 2015 DK New Media.