Shopping for Halloween has already ramped up this year. One-third of consumers started shopping at the end of September and another quarter of consumers will wait for a couple weeks before we distribute $2.5 billion on candy. In fact, Halloween is the second grossing commercial Holiday after Christmas! Tweet This!
If you think Halloween is just reserved for brands that sell costumes and party decor though, think again. Halloween is THE holiday to get creative and everyone is looking for innovative DIY ideas to make their Halloween a hit. Time to cash in on Halloween sales like a pirate! TheShelf
The infographic below reveals some great stats on how search and social media are impacting Halloween sales:
- 17% of people use Pinterest to find costumer inspiration, up 133% since 2012 Tweet This!
- 27 million Pinterest users pinned Halloween content last year Tweet This!
- 273 million ideas were pinned for Halloween last year Tweet This!
- 40% of people on Pinterest plan for Halloween several months in advance Tweet This!
- 72% of smartphone shoppers research an item before purchasing it Tweet This!
- 40% of people said they’ve purchased an item online after seeing it used by an influencer on Instagram, Twitter, Vine or YouTube Tweet This!
- 36 cents of every dollar spent in a brick and mortar store is influenced by digital Tweet This!
- 86% of women consumers agree that social media content has become a chief source of online research with a purchase Tweet This!
Product placement, product guides, retargeting, user-generated content (UGC) and deals are the top means of influencing Halloween sales – get started!
© 2016 DK New Media.