Long-time friend, marketing speaker, three-time author, and now futurist Jon Wuebben joined us on a podcast to speak about his newest book Future Marketing: Winning in the Prosumer Age.
What is a Prosumer?
The term prosumer has transformed from meaning professional consumer to meaning product and brand advocate. Rather than simply “consuming” products, people are becoming the voices of those products and significantly impacting the success or failure of companies, products, and brands, particularly through their involvement on the social web. Susan Gunelius
In this interview about his upcoming book, Jon tells us about the extensive research he did to produce this look at how consumers are both empowered and effecting change within brands. Even better, he provides in-depth evidence of how brands and marketers need to shift product marketing to experiential marketing.
Who should read “Future Marketing”?
Anyone involved in the practice of marketing for starters. Whether you are B2B, B2C, agency side or client side, large or small company, this book covers marketing strategy and ideas from every angle. It’s applicable to all. Those interested in the future of business itself will also enjoy the book. Finally, anyone interested in the study of the future, those who follow futurists and those interested in cultural and technological trends. This book is for big thinkers, planners, idea people and those who are creating and dreaming the future today.
Questions Jon shared his insight on
- How are cultural and technological shifts going to impact the marketing practice?
- How are content marketing and marketing technology going to change?
- How do brands need to transition from messages to multi-sensory experiences?
- Why will platforms supplant brands for building an audience?
- Why Mega Trends will serve as signposts for connecting with your audience?
- What are the world’s foremost futurists predicting for the next 15 years?
- Why are Prosumers the new customer?
An Interview with Jon Wuebben
One of the additional books that Jon recommended was The Third Wave by Alvin Toffler, stating that you’ll be blown away by his predictions – made in 1984. Be sure to pre-order Future Marketing: Winning in the Prosumer Age a transformative guide for helping marketers and businesses navigate the future.